It’s time for your child to have a thorough eye examination to ensure he or she is ready to learn when school begins. Our Eye Care Practice examines the following to ensure good visual efficiency.
- Visual Acuity is the ability to see objects clearly.
- Visual Fixation is the ability to aim eyes accurately.
- Accommodation is the ability to adjust focusing of the eye.
- Binocular Fusion refers to the brain’s ability to gather information received from each eye separately and form a single, image.
- Convergence is the ability to turn the two eyes toward each other to look at the same object.
- Stereopsis is the ability to have critical judgement of the relative distance between two objects.
- Field of Vision is the area over which reading vision is possible
- Visual Perception is the total process responsible for the reception and cognition of visual information while reading.
Each one of these eight visual skills are necessary for learning. Call Dr. H Walji Optometrist at 905-471-3937 located in Markham, for your child’s thorough eye examination.