Cosmetics can add sparkle to your look. However, eye makeup should be worn properly to avoid infections.
- Wear your contact lenses before applying cosmetics; remove lenses before taking off makeup (Contact lenses are – “First in and First Out”)
- Use makeup that is water soluble. Oil-based products can leave behind thick, dry residue which could irritate your eyes and also damage contact lenses.
- Careful with the thick, lash-building mascara. Its dry-coating may flake, and the tiny fibres could irritate your eyes.
- Remove all makeup daily using an oil-free, hypo-allergenic makeup remover.
- Mascara and eyeliner spoil quickly and should be replaced every 3-6months.
- Do not apply eyeliner to your lower lid – it is usually the cause of irritation and discomfort from makeup applications.
- If you see any redness, pain, swelling, discharge, or feel an unusual irritation, you may be coming up with a sty or some other eye infection. Have your eyes checked without delay.
In the interest of your better Eye Health, from the practice of:
Dr. H. H. Walji, OPTOMETRIST
(Hons. BSc, MSc, O.D., F.I.O.S)
6633 Hwy 7 at 9th Line