1. Look at the ceiling by standing or sitting and tilting your head backwards. You could even lie down on a bed or any flat surface.
2. Gently pull the lower eyelid between your thumb and index finger to create a ‘pocket’ for the drop.
3. Look up (away from the bottle) and slowly release a drop into the pocket of your eye. Do not touch any part of the bottle to your eye, to prevent contamination.
4. Once the drop is instilled, gently press on the inside corner of you closed eye with your index finger for about three minutes. This step is very important with some medications, so do not skip it if your doctor has specified it.
5. Blot your closed eye with a tissue to wipe away any excess drops.
Dr. H. H. Walji, OPTOMETRIST
(Hons. BSc, MSc, O.D., F.I.O.S)
6633 Hwy 7 at 9th Line